Sunday, April 25, 2010

GRADUATION!

I HAVE GRADUATED! WITH A BACHELORS DEGREE IN DENTAL HYGIENE! AND THE PROPHET TALKED AT MY COMMENCEMENT! AND MY DAD SHOOK MY HAND AND GAVE ME A HUG! I AM COMPLETELY DONE! (minus a test on Wednesday....) These pictures are in no particular order...actually they are basically backwards because I don't feel like rearranging all of them. There are a lot...so hold on to your seats!
This is Sterling and I after everything was over....we were pretty tired, and the sun was pretty bright.
This is Sterling and I after everything in the Dee Events Center. Mom later told me to hold up my diploma, so I covered our heads and kissed some more!


This is me giving a hug to dad. Sterling said he ran all the way around the Dee Events Center to the other side to try and get this picture, but right as he took it, I put my arms up, and you couldn't really see me or dad. Oh well. Who gets to give their dad a hug when they go across the stage to get their diploma? It was a pretty neat experience.



Mom and Dad took Adam and Aleesha and Sterling and I to Jeremiah's after commencement in the morning, and before graduation in the afternoon. I saw they had this sign, and I thought it was awesome, so we got some pictures. And the food was delicious. It was HUGE! I almost posted a picture we took of mom with her fork in her pancakes...the pancakes were bigger than her plate! We all ate some of them. Did I say the food was delicious? Thank you so much mom and dad!



This is after commencement in the morning. It was raining slightly, but I was still excited!!

Thanks so much Adam and Aleesha for coming and partying with us all day long! (or sleeping through both commencement and graduation....either way, it was great to have you hahaa) Later that night we went to a play together, and it was awesome. The night before we stayed up late...made for a tired graduation day.

Because my dad is so cool, I got to take a picture with the University President....President Milner. How cool is it that I have a picture with my dad and the university president in robes? I thought it was pretty sweet.

This is how close we were to President Eyring. If he would've taken five or six steps towards the railing, we could've shook his hand. I wanted to SO bad...he is my FAVORITE! Unfortunately, he kept walking in a straight line, but it was neat to see him SO CLOSE! He is VERY tall and VERY skinny.




This is the prophet speaking at our commencement. He gave a FABULOUS address on our ABC's. Attitude, belief and courage. It was very good, right to the point, not very long, and very inspiring. He is a great speaker.

This is dad giving me a hug when I walked around the commencement line. My tassel got stuck in his glasses. It was kinda humorous. I love my dad. It was so much fun to have him there.

I know this is blurry, but Aleesha actually did a really great job of zooming in because we were quite a ways away. This me with Shaylee and Meagan, who I spent a LOT of time with throughout the dental hygiene program...we did our thesis project together, and were just generally friends, probably because we were the few single girls in the program. Then I got married. But we still stayed good friends.


AND THATS ALL FOLKS! THIS IS POST 200, STARTING AND ENDING WITH MY CAREER AS A DENTAL HYGIENE STUDENT. IT'S BEEN A GOOD TWO YEARS, BUT I AM SO GLAD TO BE GRADUATED AND HAVE THAT OVER! WHATS NEXT? NO IDEA. ANYONE KNOW A DENTIST NEEDING A HYGIENIST? I'M GRADUATED!

2 comments:

Kayli said...

How come noone NEAR that cool came to MY commencement? (meaning nowhere near as cool as Pres. Eyring, Pres. Monson, or Dad --the rudie. You're lucky he had to be there-pretty much it's the only way to get him to go to your commencement.)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

p.s. you and Aleesha married guys a lot taller than you. You look like midgets.

Megan said...

CONGRATS!!!!! I am so happy for you!!! So cool to have pics of Pres Monson and Eyring. good job Lindsay!