Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Clinic Oct. 15

Today we learned how to scale. It was a fun adventure! They had me switch partners so that someone else could work on my braces....poor, poor students that have to work on me :). Scaling was more fun than exploring, but I think that learning how to scale will help me with the explorer. Because the scaler is so much sharper, I was a lot more aware of my adaptation and where the sharp end was in the gums---I think that will help me explore better because of my awareness. Also, I had a hard time fulcruming on the lower canine---evil tooth! There is nowhere to put your fulcrum finger to keep you steady and then when you try to adapt your fulcrum finger comes off, so then you pop off the tooth. I got a bit better by the end, but that tooth will definitely take some practice!

1 comment:

Aleesha Burke said...

Did you know that it is kind of funny to read your posts taken out of context. If people didn't know you were in DH, they would really wonder what you are talking about. You should try it.