Thursday, October 30, 2008

Spanish

Today at work I learned a couple new words to add to my old repertoire.

No hay latalia(the Peruvian and the Latino said it different, so I have no idea how to spell it) which means: We don't have that size.

Zapatos chico. Which means: the smallest shoe

Recently I have also learned:
Incienas(gums)
anestesia(anesthesia)
sangray(blood)
mober la cabeza a la de recha (move your head to the right)
mober la cabeza a la izquierda (move your head to the left)

and a couple other ones that I can't remember. I ALSO learned to sing Happy Birthday in Portuguese,
ParabĂ©ns a vocĂȘ,
Nesta data querida.
Muitas felicidades,
Muitos anos de vida.

That looks really weird because when I learned it, I wrote it as I pronounced it, so the correct spelling is different. Anyway, I ALSO learned how to say I miss you in Portuguese. There are two ways: sinto falta OR sinto saudades. (which is a really misleading word because it sounds like "sow dodge")

Anyway, thats all folks for my awesome language skills! Chugging along!

No comments: