Sunday, September 23, 2018

Happenings

Ruthie learning to hang upside down and tuck her skirt in haha!
 These pictures are backwards, so starting today Sept 23, and moving backwards through September, haha. Our a/c has been doing weird things for a couple of days. I keep meaning to get online and send in a ticket (usually our property management company in this apartment is amazing and is on it immediately) but since it's mostly working, it hasn't been top priority. Until today of course, when emptying the drip pan did NOT flick the a/c back on as per usual. Ruff. It's 89 degrees in our house right now. Luckily we had church and then we ate and watched a movie while Russell slept. Poor kid woke up with heat rash under his arms and around his neck, so we put them all in the van and just headed out along the intracostal for an incredibly beautifully scenic drive. But when we happened upon this hidden little park right on the beach, we had to stop and enjoy. It was COMPLETELY shaded by banyan trees (Sterling and I talked and talked the entire time about how we felt like we were back in Miami) and had an incredible ocean breeze the entire time, so it did not feel like the 90 degrees it actually was. It was such a beautiful break.

The little park is right behind them and they are running towards myself and the beach.


I know, I know, we always take all the pictures of the baby. And my phone definitely proves that right now (although three morning a week it IS just him and me). He is seriously the BEST right now. What a fun age! He gets into everything and is thoroughly and heartily exhausting, yes. BUT he is the happiest kid on earth. Literally. I have never seen a happier kid. Every time we are driving and I glance back he grins and dances his little shoulder-boogie dance and LAUGHS. He laughs at all of us all through meal times. He wakes up happy. Sterling said that even when he is frustrated with him that he won't sit still for even a millisecond at church, he can't really be mad because he is smiling the entire time he is wiggling away! He brings more joy and laughter into our home then I ever would have thought possible from one tiny little human. And I am just SOOOO thankful, because two weeks away from third trimester in this heat is starting to be a bit brutal (fall, hurry fast!) and I am not always the quickest to a happy mood. But I laugh often every single day because of this guy, and I LOVE him for it! And his dancing! I have NEVER seen a kid so joyfully dance and boogie to the tiniest hint of music every. single. time. he hears it than Russ. It's like it's coursing through his body just waiting to burst out!




Ate the tip off an orange marker. Nice.

And yes, he is often on the kitchen table. I make sure now that it is completely clear and give him free reign. Sterling came home one night and said "Uhh, Russ is walking on the table!?!" and I said "Yeah, he does all the time. He's pretty pro." I mean, pick your battles?!?

Part of the heat and pregnancy means I've stopped being the awesome mom that walks and rides bikes with her kids every morning and now I drive alongside them while they do, ha!




Molly got three shots, two of which were supposed to be pretty painful, and boy did she ever have a reaction! They almost sent her home from school the next day. Red, hot, super swollen. But she did get a chocolate shake out of the deal, so that's something, right? She just turned four, but because of our insurance and how her birthday hits--she is all ready for kindergarten and doesn't need shots til she's 11!

Will's been begging to have playdates with his friends from Pre-K (last year) and we finally made one happen with Leon. They had a grand time at the splash pad!




I take Russ to playgroup every Wednesday morning. It's weird not having Molly because I feel like Russ doesn't really need to be there, but it's my mom friend time!

Hopefully the last time I ever do that!

On the way to school.


I can't remember why I promised Molly a treat, but these dunkin' donuts were AMAZING.

Did some MAJOR reorganizing in the beginning of the month. This probably doesn't look like much, but everything in the little pink plastic drawers and the little pink polka dot storage boxes used to just lay on top of that big dresser. You can imagine the crazy disarray. And I think Ruth likes having a few drawers to put her own special stuff in. I also completely reorganized that closet so that I don't really need anything out of it (just storage) and could move the crib a little more out of the way of the door. It's a tight room, so that made a big difference.

I also did a TON of reorganizing in our bedroom. It also doesn't look like much, and our closet is crazy (I will be so glad to be out of maternity clothes and fitting one size eventually for the rest of my life so I don't have three different bins I snag clothes out of!) but there were a LOT of paper stacks that had to be either shredded, thrown away, or filed away from the start of school and getting home from Utah and it took me several hours. Look at that empty desk! Huzzah!

No comments: