Friday, September 7, 2018

Mom life

To all you moms today: I woke up with a bit of a sore throat. After scrambling into clothes and making breakfast for the kids, I thought I'd make myself a cup of chai to make my throat feel better. One son needed to find his new water bottle for school. One daughter needed a specific swim suit for her after school play date. Another needed a class snack and the family photo we've forgotten to bring in since the start of school. I got every lunch, all heads combed, teeth brushed, and as I rushed out the door-crash! A bottle of my moms homemade applesauce we had carefully packed and brought from Utah had shattered all over the entry way. Thinking it would be easier to clean up later and the kids couldn't be late we headed out. Dropped off two kids at elementary and another at pre-K and headed home. Left the baby in the van safely strapped in while I picked up all the glass and mopped up all the applesauce, remembering that we had forgotten to take out the trash and I could now. Feeling like the floor was relatively safe, I pulled the baby inside while I continued to vacuum the rest of the room, and then started mopping. Then I realized the bloody lip my son had last night had indeed dripped on the living room rug and figured I'd spray and scrub that while I had cleaning supplies out. Realizing part way through that the baby was about to get into everything on the kitchen table, I cleared away the breakfast dishes that we'd left in such a rush and wiped it down. He fell off a chair twice during the two seconds. I decided he could use a nap. Carried him up to his crib and realized our a/c had kicked off because the water pan was full-started bailing water. Then I noticed the kids bathroom was out of toilet paper, but that would have to wait because the extra is under the crib and the baby was already asleep. Since he was sleeping I thought I'd hurry and fold the last two loads of laundry I had finished up last night to get them off the floor before I finished mopping and that way the baby couldn't destroy the piles haha. After folding laundry and mopping the floor, I realized I didnt have time to do the morning dishes before a 10am appointment-made specifically because fridays I only have one baby at home. When I walked into the kitchen, I saw that unmade cup of chai,  from now almost four hours ago. I literally had not filled "my cup" that morning, but I had. With all the most important things. So for all you mamas out there doing the hard stuff all day long-you got this! I know Heavenly Father sees you and the work you are doing is the most important.

No comments: