Monday, November 3, 2008

Ode to Long Clinic Days

Bright and early in the predawn light,
Trudge up stairs, more than eight flights!
Sterilize instruments, change shoes and coat,
follow Professor McConnaughy to see what she wrote.
A Full mouth on Dexter, thats twenty films!
Only TWO retakes, I know the drill.
Those max'lary canines are too overlapped,
A little distal movement, and they'll show a gap.
On into clinic, its mock patient day!
When its all over, we'll all shout hurray!
Listen to instructions, and get so stressed out
Breathe in deeply, just follow the route.
Don't forget paperwork along the way-
and make sure its sanitized so it can stay.
Pass of PE's and sweat under the mask,
Pray that the time-limit continues to last.
Professor C. calls a pod-wrap and madly I dash
To write and to clean, it all seems a mash.
The sky is all dark, as I walk out the door
A good day in clinic--couldn't've loved it more!
Skills I am learning, so slowly-but TRUE
Soon I'll be registered, I'll never be blue!
The girls are the best, they'll help you out,
The dental hygiene department, thats what I"m all about!

2 comments:

Kayli said...

Wow. Brett says "is she into poetry right now or something?" ha ha

Aleesha Burke said...

good job. :) I liked it!