Friday, November 21, 2008

Comical Computer Confusion

The very first day of dental hygiene clinic I discovered there were two Lindsay Rasmussen's in the computer. One had the address of my apartment, and one had the address of my parent's home in Hyrum. I was a little confused as to why there were two of me in the computer, but I've just been using the most current address throughout the semester.

Today after class I went into the clinic room to use a computer to set up the appointment with my very first patient on Monday. I just had to enter it in to the computer so that the instructors knew that I had a patient and whether or not they had a chart. My original patient was my roommate Kelsey, but another student had a patient that couldn't come and she couldn't find anyone, so I let her use Kelsey, and my lovely sister-in-law Lindsay Ann consented to be my patient.

A couple nights ago I took over the health history documents to her house and had her fill it out so that I didn't have to do it the day of her appointment, and I would feel more prepared for my exam. As she is filling it out, she comments that she has already been to the clinic. Hmmm...she should already have a chart then.

So I get permission to go through the charts, and lo and behold---Lindsay Ann already has a chart! YAY! This makes life much easier for me. Then I go to the computer to schedule her appointment...and lo and behold---that other Lindsay Rasmussen is not me, but it is her! She lived at my parent's house for a couple months last year while they were in between houses, and that was when she came in to the clinic. SO FUNNY! It doesn't sound as funny just reading it, because it was probably apparent to you early on what the mistake was, but it took me a lot longer to figure out in real life, and hence was a tad bit more funny. No worries though, I changed her address and a couple other things so that it will be easier to tell us apart on the scheduling list.

On another note, can I just say that today is an absolutely beautiful day, gas is down to 1.80 and tonight I plan on cleaning my tub and then using it???? Yay for good days!!!

1 comment:

Aleesha Burke said...

I LOVe the new blog look and that is hilarious!! CHRISTMAS IS COMING! Jessie brought home a tree today! YAY!