Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Warm November

It is a BEAUTIFUL warm, and sunny, and bright November day. I must say this morning was a tad too chilly--but then again, it is November. 

Today was a mock patient exam---getting us ready for our REAL patient exam next week. Lets see, I felt: hot, nervous, inadequate, frazzled, hot, incompetent, nervous, hot, stressed, lack of any real abilities, hot...did I say hot? I asked during clinic if anyone felt hot--and Kelsie said she was sweating bullets so at least I wasn't alone. 

It actually went really well. The time limit was A-OK, the charting was super-good(except I was a little slow starting it), the computer programming went totally great....I just felt like I didn't know how to do the dental hygiene skills I've been working on all semester! Granted, McKenna having absolutely no calculus so I felt like I was haphazardly scaling all over the place really didn't help...but I feel like I need to sit down and probe and scale for the next 72 hours until I REALLY feel like I know what I am doing. Unfortunately, that is not possible. Will I ever be a good DH? Once again, good ol' Lindsay can do all the book work and memorize whatever you want me to, but you put that actual skill in front of me...and I think I'm a LOT slower than the average girl. Hmph. I better get a letter tomorrow, I think its making me edgy!

1 comment:

Aleesha Burke said...

No edginess! You will be fine. Just practice in your head for 72 hours.