Saturday, November 29, 2008

Lotsa Sleep

I went home and enjoyed a marvelous, home-cooked, well-loved Thanksgiving dinner with several of the Rasmussen Family Clan members--and Kourtney..my little bro's girlfriend. It was delicious and fun. Then I drove home and woke up at 2:50 to be to work at 3:15. I don't think I've ever been awake that early in my life. I've stayed up that late reading before...but never actually gotten up and ready.

Work was absolutely insane all day. I worked a 10-hr shift instead of my regular 8-hr shift. It actually went really well though. Lots of employees, and the people were super nice and seemed really understanding, if hurried. Only one customer made me annoyed, really annoyed actually---and I know it was only cause I was on low sleep, but they were so irksome. I ended up calling a manager, and another girl walked by, looked at my face, and said "lindsay would you like me to take over ringing?" I said "I sure would!" and I left the matter up to her. As a whole though, it was a really good day and I didn't feel too tired.

I got home and watched a movie to rest my aching feet, and then decided I'd take a couple hour nap before I went to a party at a friend's house. Felt like I fun idea for Thanksgiving Break. At about 4:30 I fell asleep, and I woke up again at 9:30ish cause my sister and brother were both calling. I went to my bed and fell back asleep until 6:40am when I got up to go to work again. That is almost FOURTEEN HOURS!!! Pure divine-ness. Sleep is lovely. I didn't realize I was that tired, but I must've been. It was a well-spent fourteen hours though.

Now I am happily eating popcorn while my nieces and nephews watch Popeye downstairs in the fort we constructed. We live by the Mediterranean, we are bandits, and we plan on overthrowing King Herod in Jerusalem. Myles even instructed us on how there isn't any water on our planned route, so we will have to carry some with us. Smart kid. I think this all developed because of the National Geographics map my sister has on her counter. Sounds like fun though---so I guess I"ll join in!

No comments: