Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pink

Today I had an awful realization. I was walking along and realized every article of clothing I was wearing, I paid for myself. My books in my arms and my backpack-I paid for. My lunch box-I paid for(courtesy JCP special), the backpack and jacket I was carrying-I paid for. The necklace and hair scrunchis-I paid for. The phone-I paid for, the keys-belonged to something I'm paying for in both rent and transportation. Even the animal crackers and granola bar in my backpack-I paid for. The planner-I paid for. The fees for the student i.d. card-I paid for. The pens-I paid for. The binders and notebook paper-I paid for. I was starting to get REALLY worried that I am much too old and much too grown up and I never, ever wanted to grow up...and when in the world did this happen anyway???!!??!!?!

Then I heaved a great sigh of relief. My water bottle is from my parents. They gave it to me for Christmas last year chock full of red and green m&m's. So I'm not so grown up after all. Which is a really good thing. But maybe it was just my experience at the temple yesterday that made me so concerned at my increasing age. I walked in to do baptisms and the nice old lady getting my size looked at me and said "You aren't endowed yet?" Umm...no. But thank you for noticing! Hannah. I'M ONLY NINETEEN THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Glad I got that off my chest. I'll talk to you guys later. I gotta go put on some pink and play dolls or something...just to get down to my age-roots.

3 comments:

Aleesha Burke said...

We should have a tea party! Or just move to the mountains and play with our imaginations. We could be natives or pioneers or animals. It would be great fun.

Brooke said...

Don't worry Lindsay, I still feel like I am much younger then I am and baby #5 will be here in a week and a half (where did the time go).

Kayli said...

Yeah, well you;re almost twenty and by the time I was twenty I had.... j/k. ;)